Video Popup Module
Unlimited Site License
Enter the URL of a Youtube or Vimeo or other hosted video service. This module will open it in a lightbox for viewing.
This gives you the added advantage of choosing the “Play Button” and styling it to match your website, and choosing the thumbnail image.
A neat little tool for easily styling and displaying videos in Divi.
*Compatible with the Divi Theme Page Builder and Elegant Themes Page Builder Plugin. Not editable with the "Visual Builder".
- You always need the Module Extender For Divi plugin installed on your WordPress site for the module to work.
- Upload the zip file to your Child Theme's modules folder. [Using FTP or File Manager, go to WP-Content > Themes > Divi-child > modules.] You will need to create a folder called "modules" the first time. The child theme can have a different name to these instructions, so long as it is your current child theme folder. Note: It is case sensitive, must be lower case "modules".
- Unzip the file so the unzipped module folder is in /wp-content/themes/Divi-child/modules/
- You can delete the zip file just to keep things tidy.
- Be sure to refresh your Page Builder page.
That's it! The new module will be in the list when you click "Insert Module" in the Divi Page Builder.
Editing this module is familiar to anyone using Divi Page Builder.
Get your URL and images ready:
You can see the video popup in action on several live websites,
In the header of http://effectivebuilding.com.au/, where a beautiful ad video showcases their new buildings in Parramatta, Sydney.
And on http://mlake.webcreationcentre.com/ for an explainer video about a new online memorial service.
Both sites had styling that clashed with Youtube Play Button, so this popup module was a great option.
Get alerts when new modules are released!
We are always building new modules. Keep up to date with our email notifications of new modules, bundles and special offers. You don't want to miss new releases, because they will redefine your WordPress workflow.